Hi! I’m Ai Cremadeskaijo. I am currently living in Itoshima City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan.
I lived in the USA for 2 years when I was a junior high school student and I didn’t understand English at all when I first moved there. This experience taught me that what counts is your willingness to communicate and to understand even though you are not good at the language. After realizing that, I started to enjoy meeting new people, and getting to know different cultures and lifestyles. That’s why I also lived in Spain for one year also after some years working experience. I met my husband there!
Until the end of 2018, I used to work at several offices related to foreign countries and enjoyed communicating with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. While meeting and talking to many people, there were so many surprises and so many situations which were difficult for me to understand. But every time I ended up understanding that each person is different, and that’s why I found it interesting to meet new people.
Itoshima, where I live now, is a typical Japanese rural area surrounded by mountains and the ocean, but it’s also very close to Fukuoka, a larger city, and there are many interesting and attractive shops and restaurants, so it’s a convenient area too. Recently, many people moved here pursuing a better lifestyle, and I got to meet a number of international mixed families, as we too are an international couple with two kids. By talking to them, I realized that sometimes it’s hard to get the local information they need before coming to the place, even though that’s very important when making a big decision like relocating with a family.
There are all sorts of information on the internet, but sometimes you need some specific piece of information that is not on the internet. Also, any kind of issue could come up after relocating. So, I thought it would be fantastic if I could do something useful for someone by making use of my experience and circumstances.
That’s why I started “iroiro connect”. “Iroiro” is a Japanese word which means “a variety” or “many different kinds” of something, and I thought I can do “iroiro” things to make people happier or more comfortable, by corresponding to what they need. I think there are a decent number of small things I can do to help, as someone who moved to Itoshima with a family, as a member of international mixed family, as a mother, as someone who speaks Japanese, English, and Spanish.
I sincerely hope that more and more people with different cultures and occupations will move to Itoshima or Fukuoka from all over the world, so that children will be able to broaden their horizons naturally by meeting people from many countries.
Name: Ai Cremadeskaijo
Resides: Itoshima City, Fukuoka, Japan
Languages: Japanese – native, English – fluent, Spanish – fluent
- Sep 2004 – Sep 2005 “Enforex Barcelona School” (Spanish Language School)
- Apr 1994 – Mar 1998 “Kobe City University of Foreign Studies”
- TOEIC 810 (2002)
- Koto Assistant Instructor diploma (Japanese traditional instrument) (1992)
- EIKEN Test in Practical English Proficiency Grade Pre-1 (1992)
Apr 2019 – Present
“iroiro connect” Self-Employed
- Help relocating to Itoshima or Fukuoka City
- Help with travel plans
- Translation, interpretation (English ⇔ Japanese, Spanish ⇔ Japanese)
Mar 2006 – Jan 2019
“The Asian-Pacific Children’s Convention in FUKUOKA” = Non-profit organization offering international youth exchange programs based in Fukuoka, Japan, employs 14 in the office and has more than 600 volunteers.
- Communicated regularly with over 40 liaison offices abroad in English
- Managed international exchange camps
- In charge of sending Japanese children delegations abroad
- In charge of applying for subsidies
- In charge of meetings of the board of directors and general meetings
Dec 1999 – July 2004
“BRIDGESTONE Hofu Plant” = A multinational auto and truck parts manufacturer, BRIDGESTONE Corporation totally employs more than 143,000 and its Hofu Plant based in Yamaguchi, Japan, employs around 800.
- Responsible for payroll and procedures for social insurance for 800 employees
- Assisted hiring and training of new employees
- In charge of writing articles for the company newsletter
- Managed events for employees and their families
Apr 1998 – Dec 1999
“SNK Corporation” = Video game hardware and software company employed about 1,000 in 1999, and had some subsidiaries abroad.
- In charge of communicating with USA subsidiary and big clients in Korea and Taiwan
- In charge of game software exportation
- Responsible for accompanying overseas clients to game shows and gaming facilities in Japan
*Please feel free to contact me through the form below to learn more about the service and pricing.